Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 Parties in 1 Week!

Scott's Surprise Birthday Party

I kept telling Scott that we were going to have a small thing with just our family for his birthday, and then when the rest of his family got back into town we would have his real birthday party... but I lied! We had a lovely BBQ with lots of really yummy food and some of Scott's family and friends.

Bringing Scott his Birthday Cake
I only put 24 candles on (he turned 27)... I don't think he counted. Heidi was our photographer so if it looks like everyone's eyes are closed, talk to her Our fabulous guests!




Scott got a tent from his family on Sunday night, which we assembled in our bonus room upstairs as soon as everyone left after the Mother's Day Party. He was so excited! We both had to lay in it just to see how big it really was.


















Mother's Day Party

So originally the party was going to be at Scott's parents' house, but his mom and Becca got sick so we moved it last minute to ours. Charise did most of the planning and it turned out very nice. It was a tea party theme.















A lot of the cousins helped prep the food and filled up around 200 baloons with helium then tied cards with the initial of each mom at the party to each baloon. Then when everyone got there, they wrote nice things about them on their cards. Baloons were EVERYWHERE it looked really good!










Fun Frances Pics

Scott and Frances before a walk on Friday
Frances with major hat hair after the walk
Her first encounter with rice cereal. She is still trying to figure out the whole spoon thing. We are loving the results! We feed her and put her down around 8:30-9 and she fusses around 3:30-4 (which we simply put her binkie in her mouth and rub her hand until she falls back asleep), and then somewhere between 6-7 she wakes up for a feeding. She even falls back asleep after this feeding occassionally!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

She is getting so big so fast! Glad to hear she is sleeping longer. Give her our hugs and kisses!

emily paige said...

Estelle, I love the cute pictures of Frances! What a super-cute baby! I have a new blog at empaigeochoa.blogspot.com. I also have some exciting news (posted on my blog)!

Alison said...

Hey! It is fun to see all the new pic! Happy Birthday, Scott and Happy Mother's Day, Estelle! Glad you had a good time :) Frances is getting soooo big!!! Gotta love a sleeping baby ;)

Alan and Kiersten said...

fun parties! frances is SO CUTE! i love the pictures!