Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Silly Stubborn Girl!

Frances definitely has a mind of her own. She knows what she wants and does what she can to get it!
For example, Frances doesn't like to be left alone for very long and after a few minutes of patiently waiting for me to return (disguised as playing with toys) she starts craning her neck around to see where everyone is while yelling short little noises aka "is anyone there? why am I by myself? etc".
Frances has always HATED being on her tummy. She is 8 months now and hasn't shown any signs of wanting to roll over without assistance or crawling. I am definitely not in a hurry for crawling but still try to give her small amounts of tummy time each day. I can sit by her, lay down next to her, sing to her, walk away, provide an assortment of toys and it always resulted in the same scene after about 1 minute... Crying, face down, not interested!
So, I decided to work with her constantly for multiple days in a row with a fun reward of being pulled up to stand or picked up when she rolled over. It worked, a little too well. Now she starts rolling over before she even hits the ground and expects to be picked up with a big smile. It's hard to resist! I think she will take after her parents and wait until she is almost 1 to crawl. The other day at breakfast I gave up on trying to wedge a spoon into a very closed mouth. Frances was happy about being able to play with her food until it came time to clean her up. She has learned to SCREAM every time she gets her face wiped after eating, which is 3 times a day. It doesn't happen in the bath, yet. We have found that distractions like giving her a spoon or pieces of bread on her tray help.
This is one of our favorite faces that she makes when she is excited. I had to throw it in, it's hilarious!

2 comments:

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

That last face she is making is ADORABLE! What a big personality she has for such a little person. Hopefully we'll be able to see her again soon!

Cassandra said...

SO CUTE!