Goal #1: Lose 20 lbs!
This is a really hard and scary one for me. Since I always worked out or did sports I have never had to lose so much weight and I haven't had to watch what I ate, but now I do! So, I went and bought one of those cheapy full length mirrors that make you look taller and more slender if it is bowed away from you and put a goal chart above it of losing 1 & 2 lbs per week respectively. This should get me at my goal around Thanksgiving and if I accomplish this I can start planning a fun tropical trip somewhere, but if I fail then I am not allowed to do any holiday baking (which is one of my favorite things ever). I am still dreading it and currently can't find the time to work out everyday, but it's so important to be healthy and feel good about yourself and it is going to be part of my ME time, so scoot over house work!!
Goal #2: Homemade Bread
While holiday baking is out of the question until I am at my "dating" weight I have decided to bake all our bread until it is just boring to do so anymore.
Goal #3: Knitting for the winter
I found a knitting book with some cute projects and I also happened to bring many of my knitting things up with me (including a holiday knitting book, some yarn, etc) to keep me un-bored while I was prego. Well, I never was very motivated to get it out then, but now I am. I ordered some yarn online from http://www.knitpicks.com/ (the selection in Kenai is scarce) along with a complete set of knitting needles and am just waiting for them to come. This is something I am excited to do on nights when Scott is out building or hanging out at home on the computer. I am going to start with the 2 hats pictured and then when I have made a few hats then I will move on to something else.


I found a knitting book with some cute projects and I also happened to bring many of my knitting things up with me (including a holiday knitting book, some yarn, etc) to keep me un-bored while I was prego. Well, I never was very motivated to get it out then, but now I am. I ordered some yarn online from http://www.knitpicks.com/ (the selection in Kenai is scarce) along with a complete set of knitting needles and am just waiting for them to come. This is something I am excited to do on nights when Scott is out building or hanging out at home on the computer. I am going to start with the 2 hats pictured and then when I have made a few hats then I will move on to something else.



If you haven't noticed, I am already thinking about the holidays coming up... it feels like fall up here in Alaska and that winter is just around the corner. I have to keep reminding myself that it is still summer. I have also been thinking about learning a new language, but that will probably have to wait until the holidays are over.


4 comments:
Good for you! You have to keep your own identity.
I think that's great! I've found that spending some time on my talents and interests has actually helped me be a better mommy and wife. Good luck with your goals. The patterns are cute!
So I found this great site to practice my spanish. I am not sure if that is something you want to study but check it out! http://www.123teachme.com The web page looks busy and almost like a sale site but if you look in the second box down (free online courses.) Just click the level and start. Kinda cool! Oh and the bread you should work on artisan bread that stuff is real yummy!
I would have a hard time losing 20 lbs with all that homemade bread in the house, hahaha!!!
the gloves are soooo cute, let me know if you make those:)
Post a Comment