Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's been FOREVER!

I would have posted earlier, but Scott's computer crashed and our internet went with it... now that we are up and running again, I have a plethora of pics to share.
After spending some time stacking wood on Saturday, we decided to do something fun so went to the beach and looked for agates. The weather in Alaska has been AMAZING since May and once again, it didn't let us down. It was a beautiful day and the drive was nice and short (5 minutes).The beach we went to is referred to as "Uncle Ken's Beach" because the site belongs to Scott's great-uncle Ken who used to use it for business I think. You have to climb all the way down the bluff on these old wood stairs which is kinda scary and gets really tiring on the way back up. We are half-way down the stairs here. We all had a lot of fun! This is from today. We have been trying to put clips in Francie's hair because people at the grocery store keep telling me I have a cute boy. So Scott thought it would be funny for us to all try out the new do. Too bad my head is tilted too far back to see my hair clip.
While we were in Anchorage a few weekends ago, Grandpa got a walker and a johnny-jump-up for Frances. She LOVES her new-found freedom and goes all over the house. FYI Frances has not even shown signs of crawling yet, but has wanted someone to hold her hands and walk her everywhere for at least a month now which was a back-breaker until now.
The first day of trying out the new do which was a little sloppy. This is Frances on her 9 month b-day. She had her dr. appt. the next day and weighed 19lbs 9oz and is 28.5 inches tall. Still hovering under the 75% in both.
We have been picking berries in Scott's parents' garden. Whoever has Frances doesn't get many berries picked because she wants to eat all of them. She loves to be outside!
Playing with a new musical toy
Trying out the johnny-jump-up that Scott, his dad, and 2 of his brothers attached to our 25 foot ceiling. It took 2 scafolds and a ladder to get it up there.
Frances being modest in the tub.
So, you can't really tell by this picture, but it is the middle of fall up here already. All the trees are yellow and there are leaves all over the ground. We should have snow in about a month. This is what the lake usually looks like in the mornings. We really have a beautiful view from the back of our house.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so pretty there...I love the fog on the lake. Frances is adorable as usual, with Scott in close competition with the bow in his hair.

Jessica and Rod said...

So cute. I love the bath tub picture. Don't worry about Frances not crawling. Eve didn't crawl until 10 1/2 months, but was walking before her first birthday.

Bethany said...

awesome pictures! It looks so beautiful out there! Frances is getting so big!

Alan and Kiersten said...

oh my gosh she's so darn adorable! i put brilynn's hair in the same little pony on top, sticking straight up as soon as i could because people always said what a cute little boy i had. even when she was dressed in pink! ha ha! LOVE that big picture at the top of the blog! what a sweet girl!

Alison said...

Love the pics! Thanks for posting. It doesn't matter if you have a boy or girl--every one always thinks its the opposite. Drew gets "girl" all the time---I swear he is always in really boy things too. Oh well. Can't put a bow in his hair to make it better :(

Anonymous said...

Awesome! More pictures! Thanks for posting! I love all of them! Francy looks all grown up! I saw you got a rug for the living area; Nice! Dang, Jacob looks like hes grown a foot! Don't tell him I said that. Hehe! Miss you all very much! Tell the young women and of course the family I said hi. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry that was me, Lacey. Am I supposed to open an ID or something?

Lacey

Debbie Jarman said...

We finally had a chance to check out you blog. Frances sure is a cutie. I bet you have a lot of fun with her. see you Love Debbie Jarman

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmm let me spread your legs and lick it clean my niece loves having hers licked