Monday, November 2, 2009

October in Alaska

We are so glad to announce that we only got about 1/8th of an inch of snow this month!!! Hooray! November is already much colder, but we have had exceptionally sunny weather lately, well since May really. I know I talk about the weather a lot, but it's because last year they only had about 5 nice days from May to November.
So besides the weather, we have been keeping busy as usual. Scott was out of town for a week in the middle of the month, which was hard on me and much harder on Frances. She missed him SOOOOO much and wouldn't let him out of her sight for a week after he came home. She even cried every time he left for work. We think she is finally getting over it, luckily.
So, an update on the mobility of Frances... SHE STILL WONT CRAWL!
We aren't too worried, but it's an accomplishment we are excited for, when it does happen. She still wants to walk around everywhere and get onto her hands and knees occasionally from the sitting position. She also has found a new love with standing next to the couch (no cruising yet), the stairs, and still loves her pumpkins. She even says "kin" for pumpkin. She also has said "mama" quite a few times, "pl" for airplane, we think she tries to say trees with "ee". It's so fun to watch her grow!
Ok, now for the million pics...

Like I said, still NOT crawling
Discovering her skin and belly

All poshed out with her fur coat from Teresa.
Playing with Scott after work. He is really good about taking about an hour to play with her everyday. One of their games is racing back and forth with Frances in her swing.
Bed Head. Her hair is getting longer and I am loving it!
Coming down the stairs
Scott's mom, Rosanne, celebrated her birthday at the beginning of the month. I think she is 29... you will have to ask her.
Frances still loves books, she frequently chooses them over toys.
Scott and I put on an adult Halloween party which was a blast. I made a ghost pinata which we hung from the johnny jump up roap, played mafia, made up a Halloween mad libs story, Halloween charades, yummy cider, caramel apples, and fun finger food. It was so much fun!
Since it is getting colder and Frances loves going outside, Rosanne bought Frances a really cute snowsuit. It is 2 pieces and the bottoms are adjustable so it will definitely fit her through the winter (which is 6 months long remember, yuck!)
Halloween
Frances was one of many fairy/ballerina/princesses at the church party. I made a tutu for her which was a lot of fun and is giving me the itch to start some sewing projects.

She had no idea that she let go of the pumpkins and was standing on her own. I think we will have a walker by Thanksgiving!
Here are some fun videos... enjoy!

7 comments:

Charise said...

Oh delight! This update will keep me entertained for HOURS! The videos are hilarious. How did she figure it out that coughing is so funny? It took me YEARS to figure that one out.

Cassandra said...

What a joy! She is so adorable :) It looks like she's going to go straight to walking! I'm glad you guys are getting some good weather this year...I'm so jealous, 'cause we went last summer and it was terrible, and we skipped this summer so we can come at Christmas. Can you keep it nice until then? ;) It looks like you guys are happy, I hope everything is going great!

Bethany said...

very cute pics! I can't believe how big she is getting!!

Jessica and Rod said...

I LOVE her laugh.
It sounds like she's going to be one of those kids who bypass crawling and go straight to walking.

Lisa said...

Estelle, Frances is so adorable! The girls and I are sitting around the computer CRACKING up at her antics. What a cutie! Thanks for the pics and videos, we love them.

PS Happy Birthday! :)

Unknown said...

She is getting to be such a big girl! I'm not surprised at all that she can dance before she walks.. like mother, like daughter. She may sing before she talks, too!!

Alison said...

The boys and I just watched the videos. Hilarious! Drew thought Frances laughing was the best!! Jack was like, "What so funny, Mommy? Thanks for sharing!!