Sunday, January 10, 2010

We've been busy!

Sick Baby
So before all the fun started, Frances had a 103 degree fever and we couldn't get it down. So we took her to Dr Grandpa and he ran a bunch of tests. The lab results came back saying that she had a kidney infection! She had to get an antibiotic shot 2 days in a row and then start on oral antibiotics for 10 days.We were at the medicenter 3 days in a row (she started crying everytime she heard the paper on the beds crackle.) She also was dehydrated so she was on pedialyte for a few days. She finally started feeling better after a few days on the oral antibiotics, but her sleeping pattern was so disrupted that it took a while to get her back to normal happy Frances, just in time to get her 1 year shots. Luckily it was all over before her birthday party :)

Francie's 1st Birthday Party!
Frances loved her birthday presents. When I bought this doll, Frances insisted on it being in the front of the cart where she held its hand through the whole store, it was so cute! She got a xylophone, some cute outfits, a toy cd player, warm pajamas, books, and more. Thanks everyone!
Francie's 1st birthday cake. It was a banana cake with cream cheese frosting and sliced bananas layered in the middle, yum!
Frances didn't know what to do with it at first...
but after a few seconds, she decided to just go for it.
Frances LOVES balloons (what baby doesn't) so I decorated with them. It's her favorite word right now, so she was in heaven! ba-oon!
The aftermath of pink frosting :)
Holiday Traditions and Winter Fun
Gingerbread houses (and a bridge)
Yummy Christmas Goodies

A few days after her 1st birthday, Frances learned to crawl! She is still slow, but it's so cute to watch and she loves being able to move around after toys.
Carefully opening presents on Christmas morning
Frances and her loyal subjects
Becca made some cute hair bows for Frances
The family got Super Mario games on the wii for Christmas... we played them ALL WEEKEND!!
We took a little break from the wii for some fresh air and sledding. The second time down the hill, I sat in the back and the increase of weight in the front made us crash... luckily Frances was only upset for a few minutes.
New Year's Eve toast
Spending time with Grandma and Grandpa
Giant snowmen are the HOTTEST just ask Lacey :)
A bull moose behind Charise's cabin... a rare sight!
Aunt Kristin moved up to work at the Hospital Frances was born in. Uncle Adam is coming up on Saturday and they will be staying with us for a little while until they get situated up here. We are so happy that they are here!!!
A 4-person ride on the snow machine (yes that is Frances in the front, don't worry we went really slow with her on)
Christmas and New Years were amazing and we can't wait to see what is in store for us in 2010!
More to come soon, including videos!!!

4 comments:

Alan and Kiersten said...

yeah you've been busy! i'm sorry frances was so sick! that's so sad. :( she looked so cute on her bday! i can't believe it's been a year. crazy how time flies! congrats on making it a year girl. looks like a great holiday.

Alison said...

That is so sad she was so sick. I hate having sick kids. Drew has been pretty sick lately, too. I can't believe she took to crawling...I totally thought she would skip it at this point. But, I am sure she is much happier being able to move around.

Lisa said...

I saw that picture of Kristin on Facebook (I think) and couldn't believe it. I had no idea they were moving up there! How fun for you and Adam to be close.

I loved all the pictures. I guess if you live in Alaska you have to make winter the best season! :)

Unknown said...

I love all the pics. So fun! Christmas was a blast! Frances is missing me, of course and I miss her terribly. :) Hope all is going well. Miss you all!