Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pigtails & Bye-Bye

The other day at the grocery store the lady behind us in line asked if Frances (who had a cute cream, pink, and brown fair isle sweater and cream and pink shoes) was a boy or a girl! I admit that she had hat hair because half way through the grocery store she decided she didn't want to wear her hat anymore, which might have made the gender-guessing game a little harder, but how often does a little boy wear pink shoes?!? Anyway, I decided that it was time to start doing something with her hair. Last night we went to an award banquet where Scott's dad got Scout Master of the Year and Frances sported some pigtails which were repeated again for church today (pictured below).

Frances loves leaving. No matter where we are she always points to the door and wants to go bye-bye. Anytime I say that we are going to the store, outside, or going in the car anywhere her eyes light up and she squeals, "bye-bye?!" I think we both have a little cabin fever. Here Frances is waiting at the door to the garage.

6 comments:

Jourdan said...

So so cute. I love your updates.

Heidi Michelle said...

What a cuteness! I hope she rememberes me when I get home in a month and a half! Probably, since I've had such a memorable presence in her life thus far!

Jessica and Rod said...

Don't take it personal when people can't guess your kid's gender. I've had people call my girls boys when they were wearing all pink and wrapped in a pink blanket. Sometimes people just aren't too observant. I love the piggies, though!

carlsondpm said...

Hee, hee! It is hard when the kiddos don't have much hair...Drew still really doesn't have a lot. I am sure it is much worse with a girl...will she keep on headbands? I have learned you have to start early. Jack always had a hat on (seriously, from birth) and still LOVES to wear one. Drew, had a small head and didn't fit into any of Jack's old hats so he still fights them. *Sigh* I do love hats on boys. Hopefully, this summer they can all play together. When you are going to Portland next? I'm going on a road-trip with the boys in April or May (without Jeff) because his hours will be SOOO long and he can't leave at all for those three months. We could meet up...

carlsondpm said...

Oops...I'm logged in on Jeff's account. Sorry, it's Alison

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm I love pig tails, something to hold while they suck it wish my niece had em