Friday, September 17, 2010

dead camera = no posts

Okay, so our camera charger went to the dump on accident after cleaning out my car after dipnetting, we used the battery as long as possible and then DIED! I FINALLY ordered a replacement part that will get here eventually (reminder we live in Alaska still) and then I can update the blog with more cute pics and videos of Francie and other things we have been up to.
Until then, I wanted to send out a quick update on our lives...
Francie's knowledge and vocabulary has EXPLODED! For example: I took her to the park last week and we were swinging next to a little girl one month younger than Frances. Which of course I thought was cute, until the 19 month old started counting to 10 with her proud mom!!! I was feeling like a bad mom for a while after that, I had no idea that counting to 10 at that age was an option, we usually just play together. All that self doubt came to a halting stop when about 15 minutes later (with the mom still in earshot) I was waiting at the bottom of the slide for Frances and started counting, "one..." and Frances said, "two, three, four!" I was blown away, like, "oh, you can count too?!?" Anyway I decided to try working on new things with her lately and she can easily count to 10, can say some of the letters in the abc's, knows some of her colors, I am seriously blown away at how fast it is going! She says all kind of words and connects them to things like emotions, shapes, anything and everything and has started stringing them together and even singing songs (although no one would know what song except me). It's been really fun!
As for us, we are still waiting on an appraisal for our cabin, but should get everything wrapped up before the end of October! I'm still planning on moving down early November and Scott a few weeks later. Then we are heading to Disney World for Thanksgiving with Scott's family... this is really long and I have a nap I need to take and a dress to finish sewing and dishes to do and a pile of laundry taking over my couch...

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

When are you moving to Vancouver and what are your plans? It would be so nice to see you sometime while you live closer to civilization! ; ) We are in Salt Lake still, but are in Portland frequently to see Kritt's family!