Sunday, August 31, 2008

We made jam!


So Scott and I received canners from a lady at our church along with everything we needed to make apricot jam. Scott decided to get some raspberries and make it raspberry apricot jam. He did most of the work because I was too tired and overwhelmed from work. It turned out great!

3 comments:

Charise said...

Jam is way fun to make! Especially if you have to rejell it a bunch. It adds character (to you and the jam). Peaches are $1/lb here, which is probably below cost, and we are canning and freezing peaches and currants tomorrow. E ho lay!

And Estelle, you don't worry about being too tired to make jam. It makes Scott more manly. Also, isn't gestating a full time job? I'm positive I read that somewhere - like the Economist or something.

District 6 Festival Committee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
District 6 Festival Committee said...

K,,, I didn't mean to delete that? I am retarded.
What I said was: I have to admit that I remember being that tired... you can't really explain it... it just isn't like tired you get from anything else. Don't over-do-it! Your body will adventually stop you... take it easy girl.

BUT YEAH homemade jam is the best.