Friday, September 12, 2008

More Baby Pics! 24 weeks

I had another ultrasound on Thursday. Everything is looking great, the baby is growing perfectly and she still has some room to move around. We got another shot of the gender and was told once again... 99.99999% sure she is a girl. The pictures this time around weren't as good because she is sitting with her head just to the left of my belly button so the doctor had to scan across the whole uterus just to try and get her profile. She has a tendancy to push her head outward and make me look lopsided. She is still wiggling almost constantly and during the ultrasound it looked like she was waving at us and then she started sucking on her fingers. We could see one of her hands and all of her fingers were there.
This first pic shows her head at the bottom, you can see her little nose sticking out and then above her head is a foot.She kept looking toward the camera so we ended up taking a frontal pic. Above her head is the placenta on the left, then her head in the middle and finally her belly on the right. Above the belly is a hand.
This was right around the time she started sucking on her hand. This pic shows her head, body, arm, and hand.
This is the hand (in the center of the pic) that we saw all of her fingers and thumb on... even though it doesn't look like it here. She was just moving it around so fast that we could only get a pic of her holding it in a weird way.
We are so grateful that everything is going well. My cervix measurements have been stable and she is still measuring about 6 days big. Her weight was estimated at 1 lb 14 oz.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Yeah I am so happy for you guys! She is such a blessing already! And those little fingers! We have colds here. NO FUN! Love you all stay healthy and lets talk soon!

District 6 Festival Committee said...

Such good times! :) When I read your blog I get all warm and fuzzy-I am way excited for you. Hey, email me your address when you get a chance okay? BeccaP1996@aol.com

Bethany said...

yay! I am so happy for you! That is awesome!

Cassandra said...

Aw I hadn't heard you guys were expecting! The sonograms are so cool! Congratulations...what a lucky little girl so have such wonderful parents! Good luck with the move to AK!