Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We Made It!!!

After a nice but brief visit in Vancouver, Scott drove up the "ALCAN?" Highway to Alaska. I was so nervous for his safety, but he made it safe and sound in 3 days. I flew up that same day he got here and we are now officially all settled into our little cabin. The weather so far has been great, a little colder than we are used to (it's been freezing through the nights) but we are cozy and sometimes too hot sleeping in our little loft. We like it better than our last apartment hands down and are excited for a slightly slower life style. We are planning on staying up here until April, but depending on job opportunities here and in Vancouver, we might also stay through the summer. His family has been so nice to let us eat with them since we got here and we have had fun visiting and playing games at their house. We don't have internet at our place yet, but as soon as we do I will post pics from our trip and of our new place.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

I don't know what it is but I miss you more now knowing your so out of my reach! I was going to see you this weekend! : ( But I am glad you are safe and well. Best wishes for you both! xoxo

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

I've been worried about you! : ) You were gone so fast...and I was anxious to here an update. Keep us all posted with frequent posts missy!! Glad to here you're enjoying things. maybe Kritt and I will visit!

Heidi Michelle said...

oh you've made it back to the great north! how super! Have you met my brother yet? If you, you totally should! he rocks! Too bad we can't hang for Thanksgiving though! Another time, perhaps! okay, gotta go get homework done! ugh! Miss you guys!

Hans and Holly said...

We are glad you made it safely. Build a snowman for me this winter.
-Hans

Crystal said...

We really need to talk and catch up! I lost my phone... thats why I have yet to call you back! Sorry. We have a greco infant car seat. Works great and if you have two cars I know you can buy a extra base but its not needed. Really I dont think you need as much baby stuff as they sell out there. We only had a bouncer and no swing and that worked. So you can go with less. Also we just bought a crib for her and she is almost 8 months ( good thing it turns into a toddler bed.) Anywhoo hope to chat with you soon! You all are on my mind! Oh send or post your new address so we can send you some fun stuff! Wish I was closer!

Bethany said...

hey... what is your new address? when is the next time you are coming out this way? I am sad you live so far away BUT I have never been to alaska :)

Heidi Michelle said...

Uh, I think we need an update. yes, that would be lovely!

Charise said...

Update!! Update!! Update!!