Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving in Anchorage

We had so much fun in Anchorage this last week! We stayed in a fun hotel, played in the pool, ate lots of yummy food, did some shopping, and went to a bunch of good basketball games.
One of the families favorite restaurants in Anchorage is Moose's Tooth. It's a pizza/brewery that has amazing pizza and homemade rootbeer. You can buy these jugs and get refills every time you come in, so the family has accumulated 4 of them. I was walking around with some and getting a lot of double takes because I am pregnant and I think a lot of people fill their jugs up with beer.

On Friday, the girls (except Lacey) went to the Nutcracker. The stage was beautiful and we had so much fun listening to the music and watching the dancers. Afterward I bought a little tutu dress christmas ornament for Frances.
The family traditionally goes to the Great Alaska Shootout every year. It's a college basketball tournament that takes place throughout the week and weekend. Scott's mom bought us all tickets with amazing seates to go to all of the games. Trying to represent Washington, I cheered for Seattle University, but they didn't do very well. Portland State was also there, but I didn't get to see them play. San Diego State ended up taking the championship against Hampton on Saturday night.





5 comments:

Crystal said...

Girl you look ready to go at any moment! But of course you still have style! I am glad to see you getting out and having fun!

Charise said...

Oh my! Pregnant lady with beer in Alaska. I don't think they were surprised that you had beer, just that Scott wasn't lazing about with a wife-beater tank on yelling, 'Bring me my beer!' It's kind of like ketchup without mustard.

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

You are in the home stretch! Keep up the good work! We can't wait to see you at Christmas and meet the new little addition!

Charise said...

I think you should post about what weird dreams you're having as you get closer to delivery. Don't both the mom and dad get them? Totally bizarre, wacko dreams? Or is it just me, the aunt? :)

District 6 Festival Committee said...

I am so excited for you to have your little baby! :) You are so cute... no change there! Good luck with getting that darling to drop.