We recently went down to San Jose, California for a week! Scott was doing a training class for work during 3 of the days so we spent the evenings and remainder days enjoying the area and the HOT weather. The first day we were there it was a record breaking 95 degrees and it got gradually cooler each day. We hung out in San Jose at Santana Row and downtown a few times and then visited the surrounding cities of San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, and Carmel.
We ate pizza in San Francisco at world famous Boudin's. They are known for their sourdough.
Monterey Bay has a fun aquarium that we went to. Frances LOVED looking at all the bright colored fish. These were the most interesting sea horses at the sea horse exhbit (which was my favorite). There are 4 in this picture.


I bought Frances her first swimsuit, sunscreen, sun hat, etc and took her swimming at the hotel pool. We mostly just bounced around in the water.

On Sunday we took a lunch and drove to Santa Cruz. It was so nice to be by the ocean. There were surfers (which Scott and I had never seen before) and people walking/jogging/biking all along the boardwalk. It was so beautiful. We even climbed down to the water and let Frances get close to the waves.
Frances's favorite part of the trip was actually the big mirror in our hotel room. When she would see herself she would just talk like crazy. Unfortunately I distracted her in the video pretty quickly.We had such a blast and want to go back soon. Thanks MediCenter (aka Mom and Dad Carlson) for letting Scott take Frances and me with him!


1 comment:
SO cute! I don't blame her for being so enamored of the beautiful baby in the mirror! Looks like you had a great trip. I'm jealous! :)
Post a Comment