Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dipnetting in Alaska

So Dipnetting season was this last month. Luckily we came back from Vancouver in time to catch some salmon. Our limit was 45 I think, but Scott couldn't go very often and I am not allowed to do it yet, so we ended up with just under 20.

Here is Scott waiting for his fishThere were so many people out dipnetting! I was really surprised, a lot of them were even set up with tents and camp fires.

Our friend Dan and his family helped us out a lot by letting us use some of there stuff, fishing with Scott, and gutting and fileting his fish. They had already caught theirs while we were out of town. This is their son Falcon who is my new little buddy. We used umbrellas to keep our heads dry from seagull droppings.

I went down to watch once and after an hour of no action with a tired baby I started back for the car, and then he caught one!

Here is a video (I mentioned this in the blog from when we visited Vancouver) of Frances bathing in the sink to show you how serious and seemingly out of it she was.




5 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

I loved looking at your videos and pictures. Your family is beautiful!

Alison said...

Drew loved the video of Frances trying to figure out the noise of the table. He kept laughing. It was so funny!!

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

I LOVE all of your videos. Frances is sooo beautiful!

District 6 Festival Committee said...

her face in that video.. priceless.. as she looks up at you.. so cute!!!

Pete & Lora said...

ah you guys look like you are having so much fun!!! so many fun activities in good ol alaska! frances is adorable....hopefully we will get to meet her someday!